What are the roles of ERA?
- Hits: 1614
The roles of ERA are to ensure that:
- The electricity market is efficient;
- Prices charged are fair;
- Access to electricity is maximized both in urban and rural areas;
- Rights of the customers are protected;
- Electricity is adequate, reliable and safe;
- Ensure that the there is a leveled playing field for the customers, operators, investors and intending investors.
- Advises Government on which areas require investors
- Ensures that the quality of standards and other regulations are not violated by the operators etc.