According to the Electricity Act, 1999,
- The Authority shall consist of five members of high moral character and proven integrity and competence appointed by the Minister with the approval of Cabinet.
- The Minister shall designate as chairperson of the authority one of the members who is qualified and experienced in management, economics or the electric power sector.
The other members of the authority shall have proven experience in:
- engineering, either in the generation, transmission or distribution of electricity;
- law, administration or management;
- finance or economics;
- the energy industry; or
- environmental matters.
- Of the other members of the authority, each shall be qualified in at least one of the areas specified in 3 above.
- The chief executive officer shall be an ex officio member of the authority but shall not have a right to vote at any meeting of the authority.
Tenure of Office
A member of the authority shall hold office for a term of five years and is eligible for reappointment.
A member shall not be appointed for more than two terms.
-- END --